Services & Programs
PA SafeLink Phone Program
Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania's SafeLink Phone Program
Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania members are eligible to get a free smartphone, data, and minutes each month. With the new smartphone, members also get easy access to care support as well as health and reminder tips.
The SafeLink phone program provides free smartphone, data, minutes, and messaging services. It is a Lifeline program which is a federal benefit that is supported in Pennsylvania by SafeLink Wireless.
At this time, Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania can offer members of Lehigh and Northampton counties quicker enrollment. For members residing in Bucks, Montgomery, or Delaware counties additional documentation may be requested by SafeLink to process the application.
Where can a member get more information about the program?
Please visit SafeLink Wireless for more information or call 877-631-2550.
Where can a member get technical support?
Call SafeLink wireless: 1-877-631-2550
Questions and Answers
What is the goal of the program?
The goal is to make it easier for members to get care, while helping to improve the quality of care.
What does the program include?
- Free phone services from SafeLink Wireless including:
- 350 monthly calling minutes
- Unlimited text messaging
- 500 MB of data
- 350 monthly calling minutes
- Voicemail, caller ID and call waiting
- Free technical support
- Free calls to Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania member services: 1-800-424-1569
- Free calls to 911 emergency
*Members can also choose to Bring Their Own Phone (BYOP) and receive 350 minutes, unlimited text, 1GB of data for the first 3 months (500 MB thereafter).
Who qualifies for the program?
- Pennsylvania Medicaid-eligible individuals
- Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania members
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian can apply on your behalf
- Members living at the same household or address (as long as they do not share economic resources)
How does a member enroll in the program?
- Visit www.safelink.com to apply online (this is the fastest way to enroll)
- Be sure to use your Magellan member ID to get all of the special benefits
- Fill out the paper application and mail it back
- Call SafeLink Wireless at 1-877-631-2550
- Be sure to give them your Magellan member ID to get all of the special benefits
Whose property is the phone?
The phone belongs to the Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania member.
Does the member ever have to return the phone?
The phone does not need to be returned to Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania or SafeLink Wireless, even if the member is no longer part of Medicaid.
Can a member transfer this program benefit to another member?
The program benefit cannot be switched to another person.
What text messaging programs will the member agree to participate in when signing up?
Members agree to get text message services about:
- Health and wellness tips
- Reminders for appointments and wellness screenings
Can members opt out of text messaging programs?
Members can opt out of a text messaging program at any time.
What if the phone does not work?
If there is a technical issue with the phone, the SafeLink Wireless representative will attempt to troubleshoot the issue. If the issues persist, SafeLink Wireless will replace phones that are still under the 1 year warranty. A phone might not be replaced if it shows signs that it has not been taken care of.
What should a member do if the phone is lost or stolen?
Report it to SafeLink Wireless within 48 hours. Call: 1-877-631-2550.
Will a lost or stolen phone be replaced?
The lost or stolen phone will be not replaced. TracFone will provide a free replacement SIM card if a customer would like to activate their own compatible phone.
What changes should members report to SafeLink Wireless while participating?
- A change of mailing address within 30 days
- A change of email address within 30 days
- A lost or stolen phone within 48 hours
SafeLink Wireless® is a Lifeline supported service, a government benefit program. Only eligible consumers may enroll in Lifeline. Lifeline service is non-transferable and limited to one per household. Documentation of income or program participation may be required for enrollment. SafeLink is provided by TracFone Wireless Inc.
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.